Crypto-Guide.net’s how to download an offline wallet
Free Guide Downloading an offline wallet
We use :
- Windows 10 64-bit Home Edition
- Electrum Wallet
In this guide we will show you how to download, install and use an offline wallet. In this case, we use Electrum because we have personal experience with it and know it works. More might be added to this document later on. You can always leave a suggestion at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for reading!
Go to https://electrum.org/#home -> Downloads
Download the latest release for your operating system (In our case it’s windows standalone executable)
Run the installation.
For Electrum :
– Choose automatic connection
– Give your wallet a name
– Choose wallet type (Standard, F2A Authenticator, Multi Signature or Import BTC Adress. We chose Standard
– Select Seed (Import if you have it from an old wallet/hardware wallet or create a new one)
– Segwit or Legacy wallet (Choose Legacy just to be safe you can receive from all websites and adresses)
– Save your 12 word Safety Phrase (IMPORTANT TO KEEP SAFE AS LONG AS YOU USE YOUR WALLET)
– Enter a password for your wallet.
– Congratulations, you just installed your first offline wallet !
© Crypto-Guide.net 2019 Copyright